Happy early Memorial Day! In honor of the long holiday weekend, we at Camperoo have compiled a list of the top five essential family activities in the Dallas area. We hope you find one that fits your plans! Have you attended or will you attend any of these events? Let us know! In addition, use coupon code MEMORIALDAY now for $25 off anything on the Camperoo website!
1. Scarborough Renaissance Festival, May 24 – 26. www.srfestival.com. Everyone should visit a Renaissance Festival at least once, if only to experience the joyous, family-friendly atmosphere. Kids can witness full jousting exhibits and fire juggling, and moms and dads can check out not-so-essential items for purchase like blown glass decorations and 16th century style longbows.
2. JFK Memorial Plaza. Year-round. www.jfk.org. The sixth floor museum at Dealey Plaza is a special place where families can examine the life, death, and legacy of President John F. Kennedy. We recommend an audio guide, which is included with museum admission, and explains all the exhibits in sharp detail.
3. World’s Largest Dinosaurs Exhibit at the Perot Museum of Nature and Science. May 24 – ongoing. www.perotmuseum.org. Kids love dinosaurs, and this exhibit lets them get up close and personal. A virtual dissection system really gives guests an idea of how these land giants lived and functioned.
4. Star Wars mini-land at Legoland Discover Center. May 24 – January 1. www.legolanddiscovery.com. What better way to celebrate the news of a new Star Wars film than by participating in some hands-on LEGO fun? Kids can take part in a Podrace, play a “Droid Destruction” game, and even challenge themselves with special Star Wars scavenger hunt.
5. Dallas World Aquarium. Year-round. www.dwazoo.com. There is always plenty to see and do at this amazing aquarium/zoo. Make sure to plan your visit around the 11:30 am Saturday feeding of the Orinoco Crocodiles though!
Camperoo is an online marketplace that lists thousands of childrens activities all over the country, from summer camps to birthday parties, there is always lots going on. Join our newsletter now and stay in the loop!