In honor of the long holiday weekend, we at Camperoo took it upon ourselves to create a list of the top five family activities in Austin that are happening this weekend. Check out our list and let us know if you plan on attending any of these events! In addition, use coupon code MEMORIALDAY on the Camperoo website now for an additional $25 off anything!
1. Austin Jazz Festival. May 25. www.austinjazzfest.com. With performances running all day long, and local Austin food vendors on hand, this cultural staple welcomes children 12 and under free of charge. Ages 13 and over must have a ticket, however.
2. “As You Like it,” performed at Shakespeare in the Park. May 25. www.austinshakespeare.org. This free production is a great introduction to the works of Shakespeare. A delightful romantic comedy, the performance on the 25th will be the final one of the run.
3. Lyndon B. Johnson Library. Year-round. www.freefuninaustin.com. All guests who visit the LBJ library on Memorial Day will get in free of charge. Therefore it is the perfect opportunity to check out some interactive historical exhibits, and watch some cool films about President Johnson and Lady Bird.
4. Miss Kay Robertson from “Duck Dynasty” Book signing at Barnes and Noble Arboretum. May 25. www.freefuninaustin.com. If your family is in on the Duck Dynasty craze, they might just want to stand in line to get Miss Kay to sign her new book, ‘D is for Duck Calls.’
5. Daddy and Me Playdate – Bug Making at the Austin Toybrary. May 24. www.toybraryaustin.com. Kids and their dads can spend some quality time together using recycled materials to make bugs. Primarily for children ages 6 months to 5 years of age.
Camperoo is an online marketplace that lists thousands of childrens activities all over the country, from summer camps to birthday parties, there is always lots going on. Join our newsletter and stay in the loop!