Summer has officially started, and with it, a wide range of activities for the whole family to participate in. We have picked a few special events, exhibitions, and festivals that we think look especially appealing. Check out our weekend round-up and let us know if you are going to attend any of them! Also, if you still need to pick a summer camp to send the kids to, shop now on Camperoo, while there is still availability. We listed a couple of our favorites in Dallas at the bottom of this post.
1. Charlotte’s Web at the Dallas Children’s Theatre. May 31 – June 1
This timeless story is perfect for all ages. Be sure to catch it in play form this weekend and introduce children to Charlotte the crafty spider and Wilbur the kind-hearted pig.
2. Indiana Jones and the Adventure of Archaeology at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. May 31 – August 10. www.fortworthmuseum.org
Much more than a collection of movie props, this limited time exhibit details how much the world of exploration and archaeology has changed over the years.
3. ‘Arts and Crafts: Drawing from the collection for children’ at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth. June 1. www.themodern.org
This free, artist-led program leads children through informal drawing exercises that all relate to exhibits in the Modern’s galleries. Two sessions are offered, one for ages 5 to 8 and one for ages 9 to 12. A fabulous way to introduce children to artistic expression.
4. ‘Creativity – a puppet show’ at Bookmarks in NorthPark Center. May 31. www.dallaslibrary2.org/branch/bookmarks.php
This unique puppet show uses songs and stories to celebrate the creative spirit in everyone, and empowers children to believe in their own potential.
5. Recreation: fun on the farm at Country Critters Farms. May 31 – June 1. www.countrycrittersfarm.com
Kids can see what it would be like to spend a day on a real farm. With a petting zoo, pony rides, a hayride, and special game areas, there is plenty to see and do.
Bringing dance excellence to the Dallas area, Park Cities Dance offers many options for students of all ages. See their summer camp openings at www.camperoo.com/store/parkcitiesdance
Camp Jam is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for kids to have the experience of playing in a real rock band. www.camperoo.com/store/campjam lists all their current summer programs.
Check out our full listing of summer camps and activities for the Dallas area on www.camperoo.com. And make sure to sign up for our newsletter, for exclusive access to sales and specials.