Summer can be as crazy as the school year, especially with trying to coordinate activities and events that the whole family can enjoy together. We have made it a bit simpler, narrowing down five of the coolest things happening around Dallas for the entire month of June. Check them out and let us know if you plan to attend! Also, if you haven’t booked a summer camp yet, we have just added new options to the Camperoo website this week: http://blog.camperoo.com/new-this-week-on-camperoo/
1. The Arts and Crafts Fair and Homes Tour at Gingerbread Trail. June 7-8. www.waxahachiegingerbreadtrail.com
There is something for everyone at this festival, including a historic home tour, antique market, and fun concessions and arts and crafts. Tradition and family fun in one weekend- what else could you ask for?
2. Children’s Fishing Derby at Coruth Park. June 7. www.uptexas.org/News-Events/2014/University-Park-Outdoor-Events-Summer-2014
A fully stocked pond awaits young fishermen and women, in this annual festival. Kids must bring their own pole and bait, and there are awards to be presented for both the largest and smallest fish caught.
3. Shrek the Musical at Artisan Center Theater. June 7 – July 12. www.artisanct.com/event/shrek-the-musical
Everyone knows the story, but how many have seen it brought to life on stage? This play, running through July 12, could potentially be the highlight of your family’s summer.
4. Mesquite Rodeo. June 6 – August 23. www.mesquiterodeo.com
This ongoing rodeo promises events and entertainment all throughout the summer, with bull-riding, calf-roping, boxing, horse shows, and more.
5. The Addams Family at Ohlook Performing Arts Center. June 27- July 13. www.ohlookperform.com/productions/summerproduction.html
Performed by a student cast, this original production tells the tale of when little Wednesday Addams grows up and falls in love with a normal young man from a respectable family. But how will she break this horrifying news to Gomez and Morticia?
For a complete list of summer camps and activities for kids of all ages, check out www.camperoo.com. Also, make sure to sign up for our newsletter, to get early notification of sales and specials, as well as fun family ideas.