Summer can be a truly crazy time, what with trying to plan activities that the whole family can attend. We have simplified things a bit, and narrowed down some of the coolest events happening in Austin throughout the month of June. Check them out and let us know if you plan to go to any of them! And if you still haven’t found the perfect summer camp, we have just added a whole new list of options to the Camperoo website this week: http://blog.camperoo.com/new-this-week-on-camperoo/
1. Austin Fire Department Museum. Saturdays and Sundays through June. www.austinfiremuseum.org
This historic collection of items related to the famous AFD is now open to the public. Kids will love seeing an original Hook and Ladder No. 1 lantern and uniform pieces from the turn of the century.
2. Daddy and Me Golf Playdate at the Austin Toybrary. June 7. www.toybraryaustin.com/calendar/
Dads can bring their little ones and teach them some basic golf skills. A perfect bonding opportunity in a really cool location.
3. Random Acts of Harping at Recycled Reads. June 21-22. www.recycledreads.org
Bring the whole family and listen to some truly heavenly harp music, and on June 22, you can even attend the “harp petting zoo,” and strum the instrument yourself.
4. Alamo Kids Camp Movie: Mary Poppins at the Alamo Drafthouse. June 6-8, and 14-15. www.drafthouse.com/movies/mary-poppins/austin
This classic film is being shown over two weekends at the Alamo Drafthouse. Truly no better place to chill on a Saturday, and the food is pretty good too.
5. Play Zone at All Things Kids. Open all throughout the summer. www.allthingskidsusa.com/play-zone/
Although the weekends tend to get pretty crazy in the Play Zone, as birthday parties, workshops, and even game days take over, any time is a good time to visit this free activity center, filled with construction kits, toys, and building materials.
For a complete list of camps and activities for kids of all ages, go to www.camperoo.com. Also, make sure to sign up for our newsletter for advance notice of sales and specials.