Summer can be just as crazy as the school year, with trying to plan activities and events that the whole family can attend. We have made that a little simpler for Chicago-based families, and compiled a list of some of the coolest things happening around town for the entire month of June. Let us know if you plan to attend any of them! And if you still haven’t booked a summer camp, we have some exciting new options just added to the Camperoo website this week: http://blog.camperoo.com/new-this-week-on-camperoo/
1. Annual Dairy Breakfast at Wagner Farm. June 14. www.wagnerfarm.org
The Historic Wagner Farm features a number of events throughout the year, but few so delicious as the dairy breakfast. Not just a hearty, farm-style meal, this day includes live music, dairy demonstrations, wagon rides, and much more.
2. Green Music Fest. June 21-22. www.greenmusicfestchicago.com/family.html
A celebration of eco-consciousness, this annual festival seeks to connect Chicago families with everything “green” around them, including businesses, products, and services. Both days include live music, special kiddie play areas, arts and crafts, and a bounce house.
3. Chicken Little at Chicago Kids Company.June 7 – August 15. www.chicagokidscompany.com/calendars/chickenlittle.html
This new show from the famed children’s theatre runs all through August, so there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy this universally hilarious tale of an overzealous chick.
4. “Club Sprouts” at Green City Farmers Market. Wednesdays and Saturdays. www.greencitymarket.org/programs/program.asp?id=2
This program encourages youngsters to try locally grown produce and foods at Green City Market. Different activities and tastings happen every Wednesday and Saturday from now through October.
5. Coral Cove Water Park. June 14 – September 1. www.csparks.org/parks-facilities/coral-cove-water-park/
This beach-themed water park has new, upgraded facilities including an interactive water playground, a new toddler play area, and a shaded eating area. If you have an early season pass, you can get in starting June 7, before the park officially opens for business on June 14.
Check out our website for a complete list of camps and activities for kids of all ages, and make sure to sign up for our newsletter for early notifications of sales, special events, and more.